An essay I co-authored with Paige R. Andersson on pedagogy and migration is currently forthcoming in the MLA’s “Approaches to Teaching” series. The essay includes recommendations for learning outcomes, readings, and lesson plans when teaching the topic of migration at the U.S.-Mexico Border and/or in the Mediterranean region.
- “‘Between the Experiment and the Essence’: Emma Ramadan Talks Translation” is an interview with French to English translator Emma Ramadan for Public Books.
- “The Reverberations of Time: A Conversation with Nicole Simek”, available on the Los Angeles Review of Books webpage, is an interview with Dr. Nicole Simek about her translation of Maryse Condé’s La Belle Créole, published in the University of Viriginia’s CARAF series in April of 2020 under the title The Belle Creole.
- “Refugee Literature in the Age of the ‘Global Migrant Crisis'”, in Blog // Los Angeles Review of Books, interrogates the role of the Humanities in American discourse surrounding refugees.
- “Cultivating Empathy and Humility: A Conversation with Laila Lalami” is an interview with Moroccan-American author Laila Lalami for World Literature Today.
- “Migrant Masculinities in Women’s Writing: (In)Hospitality, Community, Vulnerability by Ashwiny O. Kistnareddy.” Contemporary French Civilization. (Forthcoming 2022).
- “Precarious Lives and Marginal Bodies in North Africa: Homo Expendibilis by Hervé Anderson Tchumkam.” The French Review, 95.3. (Forthcoming 2022).
- “In ‘I Was a French Muslim,’ A Writer Revisits Internal Tensions of Algeria’s Independence Struggle.” Words Without Borders: The Online Magazine for International Literature. Published online Nov. 2021.
- “Contesting the Classroom: Reimagining Education in Moroccan and Algerian Literatures, by Erin Twohig.” The French Review, 94.3.
- “Horrible Mothers: Representations across Francophone North America, edited by Loïc Bourdeau.” French Studies, 74.3.
- “Our Civilizing Mission: The Lessons of Colonial Education, by Nicholas Harrison.” The French Review, 93.4.
- “Post-Migratory Cultures in Postcolonial France, edited by Kathryn Kleppinger and Laura Reeck.” The French Review, 92.4.
- “The Other Americans by Laila Lalami.” World Literature Today, 93.2.
- “Osons la fraternité ! Les écrivains aux côtés des migrants. Sous la direction de Patrick Chamoiseau et Michel Le Bris.” French Studies, 73.2.
- “‘Do You Hear in the Mountains…’ by Maïssa Bey Probes the Untold Pasts of Algerian History.” Words Without Borders: The Online Magazine for International Literature. Published online Sept. 2018.